How to become a Route4 Solutions HGV Driver
The festive season is fast approaching, bringing with it one of the busiest periods for the logistics industry. It is at this point in the year that haulage firms are actively looking to bolster their workforce in order to create the flexibility required to cope with an increased delivery schedule. This also means that Route4 Solutions starts to see an influx of work from its clients and applications from drivers who are looking to increase their hours to earn valuable extra income. As a driver reading this article, we thought you may be interested in knowing what it takes to become a Route4 Solutions HGV driver.
Skills Required to become a Route4 Solutions HGV Driver
You’ll need the following skills;
- A clean HGV license with CPC and digital tachograph card
- Excellent road safety knowledge and driving skills
- An ability to work on your own, with a level of high concentration, as often there will be long periods of time between drop-offs.
- A polite manner to work alongside valued customers
- A basic ability to complete record sheets and paperwork accurately.
What you’ll do as a Route4 Solutions HGV Driver
As one of our drivers, you will be responsible for driving our clients’ vehicles throughout the UK.
Putting driving aside, typical duties may also include;
- Planning routes and delivery schedules with transport managers
- Safely loading and unloading goods
- Following traffic reports and change route if necessary
- Conducting basic vehicle maintenance checks such oil levels, tyre pressures and brake checks before and after journeys
- Remember you are an ambassador for the company you are driving for that day!
Working hours, patterns and environment
The majority of the time, you will be on the road, driving during the day and night in all weather conditions, so we’ll expect you to drive safely and take all regulated breaks. As a business, we are very caring and driver focused, so we’ll always take the time to find the right jobs for our drivers based on their geographic location and the days and times you wish to work.
What is it like to work for Route4 Solutions?
Route4 Solutions takes pride in looking after our drivers. By going the extra mile to get to know you on a personal level, we have created a loyal pool of drivers that make themselves permanently available to us. We are very proud of our 85% driver retention level.
Our approach is to always act with our drivers’ best interests at heart. This approach ensures we have happy drivers, and if we have happy drivers, we have happy clients.
Our aim is to always offer our clients a reliable and trusted temporary driver solution.